Skip to main content

Sunday Report 8/11/24

What a productive week!

In Hawaii, kids go back to school in August. Not only did we make it through the orientation week, but we also had the opportunity to walk through our new school campus, which has been 4 years in the making.





My boys attend Hawaii Technology Academy, a blended learning public charter school that involves at home work with teachers online and in person days, as well as out of classroom learning in the community. We love the school and were so happy to be able to attend the school blessing this past Saturday.

But a new schedule had me executing a crazy running week. I got all of my workouts in, including a Tempo day on Tuesday, a Hills and Drills Day on Friday and my 2 hour long and slow Saturday. I had done an hour walk Thursday as well, which put me in a coast to coast challenge scenario with three days in a row on my feet.

My Saturday 2 hours was just a walk, partially because of this and because it felt right. I'll get back on the running Tuesday. My watch died part way in, so it was an uncharted 2 hours on the Malino Mile.

I did finish another Audible Title: The Spirit of Kaizen by Bob Maurer which describes how even the smallest progression of steps can lead to big sustainable changes in your life. It was a great read, and I recommend it especially to those trying to develop the habit of exercise.

Each of these reads helps me refine my new program for high achievers, creating the easiest, most sustainable systems to help busy people start and stick with exercise routines that are perfect for them and their goals. 

Preventing and fixing injuries, increasing energy, perfecting posture and improving balance are only some of the benefits from regular exercise. Stress management, disease prevention and reversal, strong muscles and bones and greater self confidence are a few more. There are so many reasons to move, it's a shame to let life's obstacles stand in the way of getting it in.

That's why we strive to help you and your family keep moving. 

So don't forget to get that workout in today, even if it's a 10 minute walk.

Need more help getting started? 

Don't hesitate to reach out to me at Kelsie@trunktrainers.com to begin to make a plan.

Have a great week everyone!

Xo,

Coach Kelsie Wehren

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving Mountains with Mountain Movers

I love to go big or go home. But to be honest, my thirst for crazy fitness adventures has made way for a new kind of burning desire. Two things are on the forefront of my mind.  First, my personal training business Trunk Trainers is humming along smoothly, with Coach Caili and myself helping an almost full schedule of clients stick with their exercise routines. We’ve created the Treehouse, our online fitness community, to support our clients with online courses, challenges, resources and accountability. And have helped 13 fitness enthusiasts become NASM Certified Personal Trainers so far. We’re inspiring world fitness for sure! But I still feel like there’s one more area I’d like to pursue. Second, my baby boys are now 9 and 12. They’re going into 4th and 7th grade! And I feel like my husband and my presence in their lives right now are super important. We are definitely in the throes of tweendom and days go more smoothly when there’s time and attention for all the necessities plus...

50 Half’s by 50 & a 1/2

 I’m planning my next adventure and I need your help. My next Go Big Goal is to run fifty half marathons in under two hours each by the time I’m 50 and a half. That would be 50 half marathons by July 31st, 2034. There are several reasons this is a Go Big Goal. First, I need to get fast. Although I have finished two half marathons in under two hours, that was before kids. Jason will be 13 on Sunday so it’s been a while! Speed training is going to be required to get me there and I’ve already added it to my training. It’s working! Not only do I want to be able to do a race under two hours because I think it’s a great challenge and a very cool thing to do, I also don’t have a lot of spare time to train. So getting my run time down will prove one of my Ironmom training mantras accurate: It’s not that you don’t have enough time to complete the workout. It’s that you’re not going fast enough. I will also up my Type II speed and power muscle fibers which decline with age if you neglect tra...

Roller Coaster Run

 I was really looking forward to my long run today. It was set for 7 miles according the the Jeff Galloway Dopey Training Program and all indications looked as if it was going to be amazing. My body battery was charged up at 10. I've had at least 8 hours of sleep per night for 6 nights straight...including 9 1/2 last night (although it was going to be 8 1/2 so I could get out at 6am to run, but since I had all day and nothing else on the agenda but preparing for the week, I decided to indulge a little and sleep in.) Because I was getting a little later start, and it's Sunday, I decided to complete my 7 miles on the street in front of my house. It's a .1 mile strip with a cold-a-sac on one end. It's not ideal for a long run...better suited for hills and drills, but hey, I've done the Virtual Goofy Challenge on it (Half Marathon Saturday, Full Marathon Sunday) along with countless other runs so what's one more time. I am actually getting into more of a marathon tr...