Skip to main content

50 Half’s by 50 & a 1/2

 I’m planning my next adventure and I need your help.



My next Go Big Goal is to run fifty half marathons in under two hours each by the time I’m 50 and a half. That would be 50 half marathons by July 31st, 2034.

There are several reasons this is a Go Big Goal.

First, I need to get fast. Although I have finished two half marathons in under two hours, that was before kids. Jason will be 13 on Sunday so it’s been a while! Speed training is going to be required to get me there and I’ve already added it to my training. It’s working!

Not only do I want to be able to do a race under two hours because I think it’s a great challenge and a very cool thing to do, I also don’t have a lot of spare time to train. So getting my run time down will prove one of my Ironmom training mantras accurate: It’s not that you don’t have enough time to complete the workout. It’s that you’re not going fast enough.

I will also up my Type II speed and power muscle fibers which decline with age if you neglect training them, but are critical for longevity.

Second, these aren’t just 50 races. I want to do 50 LOCAL races , one in all 50 states!

That’s where I need your help.

I already have the 100% Pure Kona Coffee Half Marathon on my race schedule, and am set to toe the line on November 15th (my dad’s 70th birthday!) here in Kona on Alii Drive hosted by Big island Running Company.

But I need 49 more amazing local races out in the communities in the rest of our 49 states.

So I’m looking for recommendations as I plan my next decade of runs. (I know I’m getting a late start and only have 9 years to go.)

If you love your local Half Marathon let me know!

Email me at Kelsie@TrunkTrainers.com and share the details. I’d love to promote it and support your community, inviting others to join in the fun.

Another way to inspire world fitness, one family at a time!

I can’t wait to hear what you think.😊


Xo,

Coach Kelsie Wehren

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving Mountains with Mountain Movers

I love to go big or go home. But to be honest, my thirst for crazy fitness adventures has made way for a new kind of burning desire. Two things are on the forefront of my mind.  First, my personal training business Trunk Trainers is humming along smoothly, with Coach Caili and myself helping an almost full schedule of clients stick with their exercise routines. We’ve created the Treehouse, our online fitness community, to support our clients with online courses, challenges, resources and accountability. And have helped 13 fitness enthusiasts become NASM Certified Personal Trainers so far. We’re inspiring world fitness for sure! But I still feel like there’s one more area I’d like to pursue. Second, my baby boys are now 9 and 12. They’re going into 4th and 7th grade! And I feel like my husband and my presence in their lives right now are super important. We are definitely in the throes of tweendom and days go more smoothly when there’s time and attention for all the necessities plus...

Roller Coaster Run

 I was really looking forward to my long run today. It was set for 7 miles according the the Jeff Galloway Dopey Training Program and all indications looked as if it was going to be amazing. My body battery was charged up at 10. I've had at least 8 hours of sleep per night for 6 nights straight...including 9 1/2 last night (although it was going to be 8 1/2 so I could get out at 6am to run, but since I had all day and nothing else on the agenda but preparing for the week, I decided to indulge a little and sleep in.) Because I was getting a little later start, and it's Sunday, I decided to complete my 7 miles on the street in front of my house. It's a .1 mile strip with a cold-a-sac on one end. It's not ideal for a long run...better suited for hills and drills, but hey, I've done the Virtual Goofy Challenge on it (Half Marathon Saturday, Full Marathon Sunday) along with countless other runs so what's one more time. I am actually getting into more of a marathon tr...